FINALLY! The sports partnership we’ve all been waiting on finally has happened. The New York Giants have joined forces with Tiffany’s to offer a range of items as the “New York Giants Super Bowl XLII Collection.” The collection includes:
- Pendant with blue accent on an 18-inch chain: plated $75, sterling silver $225 or 14k white gold $1,350.
- Round tag bracelet in sterling silver, $225.
- Round cuff links in sterling silver, $200.
- Helmet paperweight in crystal, $175.
- Football paperweight in crystal, $100.
- Beer mugs in crystal, set of two, $100.
- Sterling silver “Return to Tiffany™” round tag pendant on an 18-inch chain, $110.
- I.D. tag pendant in sterling silver with a coin edge on a 20-inch beaded chain, $275.
- Set of two crystal tumblers, $60.
Sounds like a MUST-OWN for all true Giants fans. What big blue fan wouldn’t be desperate for a crystal Giants helmet paperweight right?
Of course, this isn’t the only strange sports partnership announced in the last few days. The New York Yankees and the Dallas Cowboys, with a side order of Goldman Sachs have announced a partnership to create a new stadium concessions company, Legends Hospitality Management.
The company’s focus will “be on operating catering, concessions, retail merchandising and other facility management enterprises for major sports and entertainment facilities. Legends has been granted the exclusive right to operate concessions, catering and merchandising services at the new, state-of-the-art Yankees and Cowboys stadiums on a multi-year basis. Legends intends to expand beyond these anchor teams to provide its services to professional and college sports teams and other event facilities worldwide.”
This picture below of Jerry Jones and George Steinbrenner shaking hands might be the most disturbing photo in the last decade. I’m almost positive this is a sign of impending apocalypse.